Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Harris girls' nest post-Christmas....


Well this weekend I begrudgingly took down all of our Christmas decorations. Knowing this was my last weekend before my night classes started up again, I was determined to be productive. And baby was I! I managed to de-Christmas the house, fix the fence that our devil dogs tore up (again), clean the kitchen, clean and reorganize my entire room AND closet (bigger task than it sounds), go to the gym both days, go to Church AND finish up a piece of furniture for my college roomie and best frand (I'll post about that tomorrow). I have to say I was mighty proud of myself for not sitting on my bum and binge watching Netflix... because that's definitely what I wanted to do instead. 

I thought it would be fun to post pictures of me and Robynne's house post-Christmas! Especially since we just bought a new (to us) couch. Let's just say that 3 big dogs + 1 puppy + a white slipcover couch = not good. It was time for that thing to go. I was so embarrassed by the slipcover I even put it on Craigslist for free- naked!

A few months ago I posted about how different our tastes are (you can read it here). I'm very rustic  and neutral and she's more (read: A LOT MORE) colorful and funky. I'm not really sure what you would consider our combined decorating style- "broke post-grad" fits pretty well though. My boyfriend told me he saw on House Hunters that it was called "Modern Rustic"... so I guess we'll go with that for now. :)

Anywho... here goes! 

Living Room: 
Well hi there, new Ikea couch! And I spy 3 doggie noses....
She looks so peaceful... if only that were the case
Rob always finds the CUTEST pillows! Too bad the dogs would eat these for lunch... we keep them off the couch when it's just us at home


Print from http://thepaintedarrow.com/ - I LOVE all of their stuff
I am a candle junkie. My latest favorite is "Leather and Lace" by Heavenly Scents. I get mine at The Rhinestone Cowgirl boutique in Bastrop, Tx! I get the matching car fresheners too!

We love our "Ikea Hack" shelf- 3 bottles of spray paint later, an ugly black Ikea shelf turned into this pretty little gem
..... did I mention I like gold spray paint? Now I'm thinking it needs some glitter

Oh how I love Stephanie Creekmur! You should:
#1 - go download this print FOR FREE here
#2 - go to her shop and buy everything
This is my old lady, Darcy. :)
Rob found this on Craigslist! We REALLY want to try to paint the upholstery like this but we haven't gotten the guts up yet! So for now.. we'll say it's Valentines Themed? 

Ok so this cool card catalog is in the kitchen (thanks mom!). But to paint or not to paint, that is the question


My room...

(I'll post pictures of the sis's room after she cleans it....)


Sorry for the blurry iPhone pic...



So these are my "Pounds Lost" and "Pounds to lose" jars. Unfortunately there are a lot more corks in the "Pounds to lose" jar. I'll get there though! Pretty inconspicuous, huh?


I used Annie Sloan paints for this desk redo- and that chippy old chair was $15 at Goodwill!

This area needs some some SERIOUS WORK. I'm such a clutter bug.. .My plans are to simplify and do something more like the picture below... what do you think? 

And then these little diddies in my bathroom...

My mom painted that antique silver tray with chalkboard paint, so I change the message every so often.
Also, I tend to leave dead flowers in vases for months because I just hate getting rid of them! Now I've started storing the dried pedals in apothecary jars and setting them around the room instead. 

Found that groovy vintage cart at an estate sale! I was hunting for something like it after I saw this on Pinterest...


http://www.pinterest.com/pin/260505159668968595/

It's not always easy to find good stuff on a small budget, but we've learned to see the beauty in thrifty little pieces of junk! A little spray paint can go a looooong way!

Stop by tomorrow because I'll be posting a before-and-after of a little French vanity I rehabbed for miss BK!

 Thanks and God Bless :)




No comments:

Post a Comment