Thursday, September 26, 2013

I tried to be colorful, I promise....



Ok, so I tried really hard to branch out and incorporate colors other than white, beige and taupe into my room decor. I just couldn't do it. I missed my ruffles and burlap! Robynne (my colorful little roomie sister) is so disappointed in me. 

I bought this floral scarf duvet from Urban Outfitters....
(All of those shutters cost a total of $6.00. Can you say steal??)

Buuuuut it's since been replaced with a white ruffly quilt.

I also painted my tallboy dresser and my lingerie chest a French Country(ish) blue using Jennifer Rizzo's chest pictured below as inspiration. 

Hers: 

Mine: 



But, I just couldn't do it. These two blue pieces have officially been sold and my bedroom walls are just aching for some more neutral pieces to match the two-toned Annie Sloan furniture that's already in the room!

(Sorry for the clutter- I had just moved in!)
Maybe I really am boring, or maybe I'm just always looking for an excuse to find another painting project. Either way, the color was fun while it lasted! 

Have a blessed rest of the week!

Ravanne Leigh



3 comments:

  1. Color is overrated. Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one :) Thanks lady, I'm having fun learning. Hope you've been well!!

      Delete
  2. I always love how you style the Hey Y'all print! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete